Skip to main content

My First Date

This is so that I can remember and so that everyone can join in my fun.

Who: Chris ( no last name for protection )
When: Wednesday October 13, 2010 - Friday October 15, 2010
Where: His house and Stake Center
What: Bishop's Ball Dance
Why: I have no idea... but no ones complaining.

Story:
I had just meet with the bishop who among other things asked me if I was going to go to the Bishop's Ball. I said "I wasn't planning on it. No one has asked me." To which he said "Well, expect one." I thought this was a long shot because I have never been asked out on a date and I was hopping that this bishop wasn't the kind to play matchmaker. (p.s. he didn't and isn't, thank goodness). Well later that night I was just getting ready for bed and my phone rang. I nearly jumped out of my skin because no one has called me in forever and I keep forgetting that people have my number up here.

Chris had a hard time getting out the question but eventually he did and I tried to not scream "YES!" before he finished asking. I was very cool. Ten minuets latter the panic set in. Most of it was because I kept thinking "What the Hell do I wear?" The day of I still had no idea. After spending many hours trying to find something, crying, sifting, and yelling I finally had an outfit. I spent a few hundred dollers but that was becuase I bought these fantastic black leather tall boots. They are amazing and well worth the money.

At six he came and picked me up and we went to his house were he made me dinner. Another couple joined us and it was very fun. Next he had gotten tickets to a classical acoustic guitar concert. It was soothing (we both almost fell asleep), so much so that a man who was sitting next to Chris actually did fall asleep and started snoring. It was so funny that Chris and I had to restrain ourselves from laughing out loud.

After that we went to the dance. Now if you have ever seen me dance you know that they make bad romantic movies about the kind of dancing I do. Those people often get slapped (Hitch). Never the less I did try and the slow dances were easier.

Then night was over pretty quick after that because it was like 1140 p.m. and he had to go to work at 5 a.m. He took me home and walked me to my door. I went inside and went to sleep. All in all it was a blast.

Here is another little tidbit. The night before the dance, as if getting asked out on my first date wasn't strange enough, another guy from the ward called and asked if I had been asked out. I said that I had and felt so bad that I had to turn him down. I have not talked to him since and really don't know who he is. I feel bad about that one and hope that I get to have another chance.

Well those are the facts and now you have felt my joy. Live long and prosper.

Comments

Deneille said…
Eliza, it sounds like you are having so much fun in Canada! I'm glad your first date went so well. Make sure you keep up on your blog. I love reading your stories :)
Unknown said…
Wow. sounds like Canada is the place to be! Keep up the good work heart-breaker!

Popular posts from this blog

Insanity

So this was a big week. For the first time in a long time I have felt the overwhelming need to cry. As always I am unaware of the way that people can see what is going on with me even when I think that I doing a good job of hiding it from everyone. I am an RA (Resident Advisor) at Dixie. This week I was given the task to work with another RA to make flyer's for a sports activity that was coming up. Usually I am the one who makes sure that everything that needs to go on the fl yer is on and is correct. The other RA usually does all the "Flash". Well this week I had over 28 hours of work to do. Because of all of the homework that I had to do I did not check the fl yer that had been done and let the other RA do what ever he wanted and trusted that the information would be correct. A few days later it was the day before all of my assignments were due and I was freaking out. I also had to go to my RA meeting. At these meeting my RM (Resident Manager) has personal meetings with

A Text

Ok so I have to say that nothing happened and I only put this up because it was just such an interesting conversation to have so laugh. whats up? When are we going to make out? 10:59 pm elaisa are you there? 11:31 pm driving to where? 1:19 am so where are you now? 1:24 am doing what? 1:26 am but what are you doing in idaho? 1:28 am when are you coming back? 1:30 am are you going to stgeorge or orem? 1:33 am when are you coming for break? 1:35am so youre not coming back until december? 1:39 am so when are we going to make out? 1:41 am ok called me saturday when you get here so we can make out while watching a scary movie in my room just like we did at the cayonlands! (we never made out) 1:47 am Are we satching a movie tomorrow and make out? 11:08 pm yea lets watch a movie! i know we never made out, but lets make out this time! We almost did it at the cayonlands, so lets just do it this time! 6:52 am everybody makes out even hard core mormons. Plus its cold so we need to cuddle and watc

A Day Out